Product and Billing Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 2nd August 2021
These Terms of Sale, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which Paid Content, accessed via Products and through Alpha4All and all its Partners websites. Please read these Terms of Sale carefully and ensure that you understand them before purchasing a Product. You will be required to read and accept these Terms of Sale when ordering a Product. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms of Sale, you will not be able to purchase a Product and access Paid Content through Our Site.
NOTE: Alpha4All and its Partner develop a number of products, please check product individual terms upon purchase which may slightly differ.
Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms of Sale, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- Contract means a contract for the purchase of a Product to access Paid Content;
- Paid Content means the digital content sold by Us through Our Site;
- Product means a subscription to Our Site providing access to Paid Content;
- Product Confirmation means our acceptance and confirmation of your purchase of a Product;
- Order ID means the reference number for your Product purchased; and
- We/Us/Our means Alpha4All Limited, a company registered in England under 8720519, VAT 183 168 004.
Information About Us
Alpha4All Limited. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) and all our partners including: Alpha4All Italia, Alpha4All Academy, Alpha4All, T-Sniper, Trading & Investing Academy, Limitless Success including our partner websites at Assistenza Brokers srl, Trading Journal are owned and operated by Alpha4All Limited, registered in England under 8720519, VAT number 183 168 004. All websites are owned and data is controlled by Alpha4all Ltd, although each company is its owns legal entity.
Our Services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 18. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you: (a) are 18 years of age or older; (b) have not been previously suspended from using the Services; and (c) have full power and authority to enter into these Terms and that, in doing so, you will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party.
Products and Pricing
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions of Products and Paid Content available from Us correspond to the actual Product and Paid Content that you will receive.
- We may from time to time change Our prices. Changes in price will not affect any Product that you have already purchased but will apply to any subsequent renewal or new Product.
- Minor changes may, from time to time, be made to certain Paid Content, for example, to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, or to address technical or security issues. These changes will not alter the main characteristics of the Paid Content and should not normally affect your use of that Paid Content. However, if any change is made that would affect your use of the Paid Content, suitable information will be provided to you.
- In some cases, as described in the relevant content descriptions, We may also make more significant changes to the Paid Content. If We do so, We will inform you before the changes are due to take effect.
- Where any updates are made to Paid Content, that Paid Content will continue to match Our description of it as provided to you before you purchased your Product to access the Paid Content. Please note that this does not prevent Us from enhancing the Paid Content, thereby going beyond the original description.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Site are correct at the time of going online. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed.
- In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, We will contact you in writing to inform you of the mistake. If the correct price is lower than that shown when you made your order, we will simply charge you the lower amount and continue processing your order. If the correct price is higher, We will give you the option to purchase the Product at the correct price or to cancel your order (or the affected part of it).
- If We discover an error in the price or description of your Product after your order is processed, We will inform you immediately and make all reasonable efforts to correct the error. You may, however, have the right to cancel the Contract if this happens.
- All prices on Our Site include VAT and the amount of VAT charged will be based using VAT Mini one stop shop.
Our Site will guide you through the process of purchasing a Product.
- The checkout page will allow you to see a summary of your order.
- If, during the order process, you provide Us with incorrect or incomplete information, please contact Us as soon as possible at email@example.com. If We are unable to process your order due to incorrect or incomplete information, We will contact you to ask to correct it. If you do not give us the accurate or complete information within a reasonable time of Our request, We will cancel your order and treat the Contract as being at an end. We will not be responsible for any delay in the availability of Paid Content that results from you providing incorrect or incomplete information.
- No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order to purchase a Product constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you a Product Confirmation Receipt by email. Only once We have sent you a Product Confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between Us and you.
- Product Confirmations shall contain the following information:
- Email confirmation of the product purchased: Order details, Order ID No, Name, Email, Date, Product name;
- Email containing product purchased invoice: Invoice, Order details, Name, Email, Date, Product name, taxes;
- In the unlikely event that We do not accept or cannot fulfil your order for any reason, We will explain why in writing. No payment will be taken under normal circumstances. If We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible.
Payment, Trial and VAT Charged
- Payment for Products must always be made in advance. Your chosen payment method will be charged when we process your order and send you a Product Confirmation Receipt.
- Payment methods: Credit/Debit Card Billing: All credit/debit cards are automatically charged upon product purchases.
- Payment failure: In the event a credit/debit card fails to charge successfully, access to the product will immediately cease.
- Deactivation: Alpha4All Limited reserves the right to remove customer application data from its servers after nonpayment.
- If you believe that We have charged you an incorrect amount, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as reasonably possible to let us know.
Seven day Trial Access and Upgrades
- Some products offer a seven day trial enabling them to access part of the product. Following the seven days, access to the product will cease.
- Trial users will be charged the rate as indicated on the checkout page.
- The trial does not offer an automatic upgrade, you (the buyer) will need to upgrade manually if you want to upgrade your product.
One Trial per Customer
Alpha4all has many products and implements a policy of one trial per customer. As much as we would like to offer trials for all our products, at this time we follow the one trial only rule.
Value-Added Tax (VAT)
- Some of Alpha4All products follow a VAT Moss module.
- VAT is Value-Added Tax, a general consumption tax on a good or service. It is applied to every sale made in the EU. “Consumption tax” means that the tax is paid by the consumer, not by the business who makes the sale.
- There is no universal EU VAT rate for digital goods. Instead, the rates vary from 17-27% across all the countries, each unique contract will be charged the VAT rate of the buyers country.
- Products are sold including VAT, the VAT breakdown will be explained in the VAT invoice.
Business to Business Value-Added Tax (VAT)
Businesses purchasing products may be entitled to a reduction of VAT. Businesses should contact email@example.com who will work with you (the buyer) to ensure you have the correct invoice paperwork.
Provision of Paid Content
Paid Content appropriate to your Product will be available to you when We send you a Product Receipt of Purchase Confirmation and will continue to be available for the duration of your Product.
If We need to suspend availability of the Paid Content for any of the reasons, We will inform you in advance of the suspension and explain why it is necessary (unless We need to suspend availability for urgent or emergency reasons such as a dangerous problem with the Paid Content, in which case We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible after suspension).
In some limited circumstances, We may need to suspend the provision of Paid Content (in full or in part) for one or more of the following reasons:
- To fix technical problems or to make necessary minor technical changes;
- To make more significant changes to the Paid Content;
- To update the Paid Content to comply with relevant changes in the law or other regulatory requirements.
You agree that you will not use any of our services with intent purpose to violation of any law, contract or intellectual property or other third party right. You agree not to:
- purposely damage the content or service;
- share your account details with others, third parties without written consent;
- project viruses, trojans, worms or other harmful material;
- use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper to gather data;
- send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, spam, junk mail, or collect email addresses for commercial purposes;
- You are encouraged to treat others as you would want to be treated yourselves meaning, not use abusive or harmful language within the communal chat areas etc;
Licence and Copyright
- When you purchase a Product to access Paid Content, We will grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable licence to access and use the relevant Paid Content for personal, non-commercial purposes. The licence granted to you does not give you any rights in Our Paid Content (including any material that We may licence from third parties).
- The licence granted to you subject to the following usage restrictions and/or permissions.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the Services and content provided by Alpha4all or ones its partners, including all content, video and other materials on or made available are the proprietary property of Alpha4All Limited under U.K. and international copyright laws.
- Any use, copying, redistribution and/or publication of any part of the Services, other than as authorized by these Terms or expressly authorized in writing by us, is strictly prohibited.
- You may not copy, rent, sell, publish, republish, share, broadcast or otherwise transmit the Paid Content (or any part of it) or make it available to the public except as permitted under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (Chapter 3 ‘Acts Permitted in relation to Copyright Works’).
Cancelling Your Product - 14 day Refund Policy
- If you are a consumer in the European Union, by default you have a legal right to a “cooling-off” period within which you can cancel the Contract for any reason, including if you have changed your mind, and receive a refund. The period begins once We have sent you your Product Confirmation and ends 14 calendar days after the date of Our Product Confirmation.
- After the cooling-off period, you may cancel your Product at any time, however We cannot offer any refunds from day 15 on-wards. On the 15th day after the purchase order, your Right of Withdrawal automatically lapses by law.
- The 14-day "cooling off" period does not apply to all purchases. Some of the exemptions are:
- event tickets;
- sealed audio, video or computer software, such as DVDs, which you have unsealed upon receipt;
- online digital content which has been downloaded or links clicked, if you have already started downloading eBooks, PDFs, workbooks or opening links to other documents you are waiving your right to the 14 day cooling period and no longer entitled to a refund;
- EXAMPLE ONE: You purchase access to the Academy membership site on 1st January, you have access to the site and can view all online content and post comments. If the membership site has downloadable items or links (ebooks, workbooks etcs) and you download those items (between 1st-14th January), you are waiving your right to the 14 day cooling period and no refund will be offered. From 15th January on-wards, you are free to download all the items you want.
- EXAMPLE TWO: You purchase access to the Academy membership site on 1st January and have not downloaded any digital content (ebooks, workbooks etc) between 1st - 14th January, should you choose, you are entitled to a refund.
- If you purchase a Product by mistake (or allow your Product to renew by mistake), please inform Us as soon as possible and do not attempt to access any Paid Content. Provided you have not accessed any Paid Content since the start date (or renewal date, as appropriate) of the Product We will be able to cancel the Product. If you have accessed any Paid Content once the Product has started, We will not be able to offer any refund and you will continue to have access to the Paid Content for the remainder of the Product (up until the renewal or expiry date, as applicable).
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel your purchase and request a refund, you can do so by clicking the ‘request refund’ button within your Helpdesk Portal or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before any refunds are issued the helpdesk will review your account and the 14 cooling period terms.
- In addition We may ask you why you have chosen to cancel and may use any answers you provide to improve Our content and services, however please note that you are under no obligation to provide any details if you do not wish to.
- Refunds will be issued to you as soon as possible if you are entitled, within your product purchased helpdesk portal, you will be able to see whether you are within your 14 day cooling of period.
- We do not offer refunds after the 14 day cooling period.
- Refunds will be made using the same payment method that you used when purchasing your Product. The money normally appears within a few days however it can take up to 30 days depending on the payment method involved.
- Our Paid Content is intended for non-commercial use only. We make no warranty or representation that the Paid Content is fit for commercial, business or industrial use of any kind. We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, or for any loss of business opportunity.
- If you are interested in using our material for commercial use please contact email@example.com.
If you wish to contact Us with general questions or complaints, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- All complaints are handled in accordance with the appropriate team to assist you solve your challenges in the quickest and the best possible wayIf you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with Us, please contact Us in one of the following ways.
- Please contact email@example.com with any complaints.
- To make sure our products are best-in-class we use a number of mechanisms to gather your feedback: Surveys, verbal feedback.
- Whenever you are asked to provide feedback, you will be given the option whether to remain anonymous or not.
- Feedback collated could be placed on our website, social or other tools for product promotions.
- You will be given the choice whether your comments can be used or not.
- If you have any queries regarding the product feedback process you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- All personal information that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
- For complete details of Our collection, processing, storage, and retention of personal data including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of your rights and how to exercise them, and personal data sharing (where applicable), please refer to our Legal Centre.
Other Important Terms
If we sell our business/ product/ product closure
- We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms of Sale (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing. Your rights under these Terms of Sale (and the Contract) will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms of Sale (and the Contract) will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- The Contract is between you and Us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms of Sale.
- In the event that we have to close the Alpha4All product for any reason, meaning your membership site will cease to exist. If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing. You will be given the opportunity to save all relevant content.
Changes to the Law
We may revise these Terms of Sale from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements. If We change these Terms of Sale as they relate to your Product, We will give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and provide details of how to cancel if you are not happy with them.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales as Alpha4All Limited is a UK company.
- If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to these Terms and Conditions, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.